I am looking for a new home or my first home
- Decide exactly what your requirements are – remember that your circumstances might change - starting a family or having more children will have a big impact.
- Make a room by room checklist to see if what you’re looking at can meet your needs, or can be made to meet your needs.
- Budget sensibly. Too big a mortgage may mean you have to make compromises elsewhere such as holidays or in your social life.
- Think carefully before buying somewhere that needs a lot of work. It can be a huge commitment. If DIY’s not your favourite pastime, budget for someone to help.
- Visit the area at different times of the day.
- Try to meet your potential neighbours.